PNGAAA members occupy leadership roles in government, the private sector and civil society. Members are also leaders in their communities and organisations across PNG.
Members are Papua New Guineans who are passionate about the development of PNG and developing links with Australia through their studies and other economic, development and social channels.
The association aims to provide a valuable membership package that supports the success of members at each stage of their career. This support focuses on professional development, networking and spaces for dialogue and action on development in PNG.
Applications are strongly encouraged from women, people with a disability and those living in rural or remote areas.
Membership costs K75.00 per calendar year and the entitlements include:
- Access to Professional Development Workshops at no charge
- Access to Networking Events at no charge
- Invitation to Development focused events and programs
- Access to Leadership Development programs
- Membership merchandise pack
- Job Alerts and employment support
- Access to Small Grants
- Opportunity to stay connected with Australian Networks and Australia Awards News.
Types of Membership
There are two types of membership available
Regular membership and Associate membership
Review the details below
Papua New Guineans who have studied in Australia and successfully attained an Australian qualification from any Australian Education Institution.
A Papua New Guinean who has not studied in Australia but:
- Has successfully attained an Australian qualification from an Australian Education Institution in Papua New Guinea
- Has worked in Australia for at least three months in their career
- Has worked for an Australian Government Program or Office in Papua New Guinea for at least three months in their career
- Has received a certificate of attainment and participation from an Australian Education Institution in Australia
- Has received an Australian Government Scholarship to study in Papua New Guinea or the Pacific
We welcome you to join the PNGAAA.