The Papua New Guinea – Australia Alumni Association (PNGAAA) was established in 2006 to contribute to the growth and development of Papua New Guinea and to foster productive relationships between Australia and Papua New Guinea.
PNGAAA is made up of PNG graduates from Australian educational institutions and other PNG community leaders and citizens committed to the vision and mission of the Association. The objectives of the PNGAAA are:
- To create and strengthen leadership and professional capacity amongst members;
- To provide a forum for members to actively participate in the discussion and resolution of development issues affecting PNG;
- To enhance and strengthen the mutual PNG – Australia relationship;
- To create an environment of sustainability and viability of the Association by;
- Improving governance and services to Association members;
- Enhancing and maintaining a professional relationship with and amongst awardees, graduates and Australian institutions; and
- Fund raising to support meaningful community projects in provincial chapters and the NCD
What We Do
The Association delivers professional development workshops and networking services to members.
The PNGAAA is an avenue for the exchange of ideas and intellectual debate on issues of national interest including direct input into the Government of PNG’s Vision 2050 and its development Plan.
The Association supports local and national development efforts through financial assistance, thought leadership and volunteering efforts.
How to Join
To obtain a membership application form, contact the PNGAAA Secretariat on details here or pick up an application from the Australia Awards—PNG Facility Information Centre in Down Town Port Moresby.
PNGAAA Membership Package
Membership costs K75.00 per calendar year and the entitlements for members include:
Access to Professional Development Workshops (ranging from Project Management to Leadership Seminars) throughout the country;
Access to social, development and networking events with other alumni and community leaders;
An invitation to the PNGAAA Annual development conference;
Access to Leadership Development opportunities;
PNGAAA complimentary merchandise;
Access to opportunities to apply for Small Grants;
Job advertisements and employment support; and
The opportunity to develop your networks with Australian institutions.